Each team has two or more team leads, which function as organizers, facilitators, and point-people.
Administrative Group Team Leads are (s)elected by the ARE Steering Team (ST) to act on its behalf with its input and consent. Administrative Group Teams are responsible for overall coordination, administration, facilitation, internal communication, planning, and sustainability of ARE ST operations.
The purpose of the Administrative Group is to support, empower, help with resources, remove roadblocks, and provide insight, accountability, and guidance.
The Administrative Group consists of the pro-forma officers (President, Treasurer, & Clerk) and the Organizational, Finance, and Technology Teams.
ST Organizing Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Administration, filing, record keeping, archiving meetings notes & videos
- Calendaring & providing event reminders
- Scheduling, organizing, and creating draft agendas for meetings
- Maintaining current contact information for SC members & Team members
- Updating member database, membership forms, and ARE website (shared with Tech Team, as agreed)
- Insuring social media pages, event, and contact information is current (shared with Tech Team, as agreed)
The Technology Team is responsible for providing and managing tools and services that give ARE the capacities it needs to deliver on its mission. Our responsibilities are:
- Managing and supporting ARE’s online tools and services.
- Managing and interacting with third-party technology vendors.
- Providing technical training and support.
- Promoting privacy and security best practices.
- Treasurer shall be the chief financial officer and the chief accounting officer, performing organizational duties as required by law, including financial reporting.
- Treasurer may have other duties and powers as designated by the ST, including, but not limited to being signatory of the organizational checking account.
ST Finance Leads (Treasurer +1), ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Accounting & financial record keeping in an accurate and ethical manner
- Providing financial reports at regular intervals, as determined by the ST
- Managing fundraising initiatives
Internal Life & Support Team
(Dedicated & Consistent Organizational Health Guides)
ST Internal Life Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent to contribute
- Planning team building, connective, and deep sharing opportunities for meetings, conferences, and retreats
- Providing opportunities for ST members to deepen analysis, skills, and our AR/AO spiritual journey on a regular basis (monthly, bi-monthly, weekly; as practicable)
- Leading support calls, self care initiatives, pastoral efforts, and other sustainability-oriented activities for ARE members
- Creating and inculturating health and resilience-centric organizational practices
Liaison & Representation Team *
(Primary & Default Spokespeople & Representatives)
ST Lead ARE Liaisons (1 laity, 1 clergy), ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent to contribute (preferably a balanced team of laity, religious educators, administrators, and clergy)
- Communicating with DRUUMM President and/or leadership
- Representing ARE in official spaces and capacities (UUMA, LREDA, UUMN, CCCE)
- Working with ST & Communications Team to create and deliver strategic messaging and representation within Unitarian Universalism
* The ARE Representation Policy is in the Processes Section.
Communications & Promotions Team
(Primary & Default Writers & Message Crafters)
ST Communications Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Developing messaging strategies
- Writing formal statements and letters
- Crafting responsive resolutions for/at GA
- Creating promotional material for programs and events
Social Media & ARAO Advocacy Team
(Dedicated & Consistent Social Media Presence)
ST Social Media Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Increasing ARE engagement & visibility via social media
- Connecting online with other anti-racist UUs and coordinating messaging
- Performing online advocacy & resource sharing
- Communicating with other Teams about opportunities for deeper engagement
Membership & Outreach Team
(Dedicated & Consistent Member “Recruiters” )
ST Membership Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Growing ARE membership and promoting opportunities for member engagement
- Connecting with ARE membership to determine needs and facilitate support
- Networking with ARE regional groups & congregations to promote AR/AO work
Education & Resources Team
(Primary & Dedicated Resource Developers)
ST Education Leads, ARE & ST members who have interest, energy and talent to contribute
- Organizing/Presenting educational opportunities: workshops, webinars, discussions
- Obtaining/Developing resources for publication on ARE website and/or facebook page
- Planning/Assisting with creating educational content for conferences and other events
- Planning orientation calls for ARE members prior to GA and other events (shared with Events Team, as agreed)
Consultancy & Connection Team
(Primary & Dedicated Assessors & Advisers)
ST Consultancy Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Developing accessible programs for ARE members to receive individual consulting
- Growing ARE SC tools, skills, and capacity for individual consulting & advising
- Establishing and implementing best practices for both free, and reasonably-priced AR/AO assessment and consultancy
Events & Actions Team
(This is where we keep our logistics folks! :D)
ST Event Coordinators/Leads, ARE & ST members with interest, energy and talent
- Organizing ARE presence at GA, including managing booth, schedule, & advocacy
- Planning and Managing logistics for national and regional conferences
- Coordinating and Promoting event content (workshops, speakers, activities) (shared with Education Team, as agreed)
- Planning orientation calls prior to GA and other events (shared with Education Team, as agreed)
- Facilitating ARE/UU Connection & Caucusing opportunities at related events (RevLove, WPC, Regional Gatherings, GA, etc.)
Interested in joining ARE’s Leadership?
Organization Model Document History
May 31, 2017
Brought to Agenda
June 13, 2017
Adopted by Consensus
July 11, 2017
Finalized and Published
July 23, 2017
Transition Timeline (est)
Revised Transition Timeline (est)
8/1/2018 - 6/1/2019